Did you know that 4 out of 5 patients who requested assistance from Celgene Patient Support® received their medication? We
have helped more than 25,000 patients since 2007.
Your Celgene Patient Support® team is committed to making sure that veterans and their families understand the benefits available to them. We have provided an overview of veterans benefits below.
What is covered by veterans benefits
- To receive veterans benefits, you must get care at a VA facility. Click here to find a VA facility near you. Note: Not all VA facilities have specialists available for all diagnoses (e.g., an oncologist)
- When using your veterans drug coverage, you must use a VA pharmacy (may include mail-order pharmacies)
Veterans benefits and Medicare
- Veterans do not have to choose between VA coverage and a Medicare prescription drug plan; they may participate in either or both. Veterans
do not need to give up their VA benefits when enrolling in Medicare. However, if a veteran decides to enroll in a Medicare prescription drug plan
and disenroll from their VA benefits, he or she may not be able to re-enroll later in the VA. This is dependent on your VA Priority Group
- Veterans will still be able to get all their current health and prescription drug benefits if they choose to enroll in a Medicare prescription
- Medicare does not pay for any care provided at a VA facility
Celgene Patient Support® can help you explore your veterans benefits. Contact us for assistance at 1-800-931-8691.
More information is also available on the Department of Veterans
Affairs website and the Veterans Health Administration website.
For more help, contact Celgene Patient Support® at 1-800-931-8691.Your Celgene
Patient Support® Specialist is
a dedicated, central point of contact who will work on your behalf to coordinate resources available to you. Together we will
exhaust all options to help you get the information and support you need.
Need more help?
Contact us at 1-800-931-8691 or send us an e-mail.